Friday, April 25, 2008

RoboCup Simulator

Here is a short video of what the simulator I made for the RoboCup soccer competition looks like:

[link]

The low quality video is due to the fact that I recorded my monitor using a digital camera. I tried a variety of screencast software (ffmpeg, vlc, xvidcap, istanbul, and vnc2swf) but none of them could capture at decent quality/framerate. I think its time to upgrade my computer (this one is now four years old).

In the video the red team has been assigned the "offensive" strategy and the blue team has been assigned the "dibs" strategy. I haven't implemented all of the RoboCup rules yet (e.g. the ball always gets reset to the center when it goes out of bounds). You can learn more about the AI by reading a report I wrote for one of my classes.

3 comments:

jC said...

Cool video!

Plus, I like the figures in your paper. How did you make them? Does LaTeX help you do that as well?

Byron Knoll said...

Figure 2 was made using PowerPoint and Figure 4 was made using Excel. They were both taken from a PowerPoint presentation I made for the project.

jC said...

Hah! So LaTeX is not all powerful after all.