Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer

I have been working for Microsoft for almost a month now. So far it has been a great experience. The company has a ton of amazing benefits and it has been really interesting learning about their software development practices. I am working on a product called Office Live Workspace. There have been a lot of fun intern events such as a poker night, video games, movies, and a trip to the zoo. I have also attended a few research/tech talks on campus. We get all the free drinks we want here and also occasional free food (if you know where to look).

There are a lot of things to see and do around Seattle. A few weeks ago I went to the Pacific Science Center. I think its better than the one in Vancouver. I saw Speed Racer at IMAX. It was pretty dissapointing, but I wasn't too surprised based on its score at IMDB. Yesterday I went to see a Cirque Du Soleil show called Corteo. It was an excellent production, but I liked the Mystère show I saw in Las Vegas better.


I got a new bike earlier this month. There are supposed to be some really nice bike trails in this area, so I plan on exploring a few of them over the summer.

Here is a photo album I will be uploading pictures to over the summer.

No comments: