Saturday, August 07, 2010

Skydiving!

This morning I went skydiving from 15,000 feet. It was an incredible experience. The free-fall lasted for about one minute and parachuting lasted five minutes. The "falling" sensation only lasted for a few seconds after leaving the plane. Once reaching terminal velocity, the free-fall was quite comfortable (and surreal). My instructor let me control the parachute for part of the descent. We also performed a fun maneuver spinning the parachute around in a tight spiral. A few years ago I went bungee jumping. I think making the jump was probably scarier for bungee jumping than skydiving. However, I enjoyed everything about skydiving a lot more than bungee jumping.

2 comments:

BungeePete said...

Oh yes man, I know what you're talking about. But you have to try bungee jumping over 100meters, it's allmost like skydiving :-)

Rosemary Quinn said...

I enjoyed this post thanks for sharing.