Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rock Paper Scissors


Over the last two days I implemented a new website: Rock Paper Scissors Programming Contest. It is amazing how fast a relatively complex website can be created using Google App Engine. It has probably been one of the funnest programming projects I have worked on!

I think the website could potentially lead to some innovative research. All of the submissions are open-source, so if the website becomes popular I will be very interested to see how the best AIs work. It should be possible to directly convert any RPS algorithm into a compression algorithm - there should even be a correlation between RPS performance and compression performance.

I encourage anyone who is reading this to try submitting an entry. Programming a RPS AI should be pretty fun. Python is also very easy to learn, so even people who have no programming experience should give it a try!

No comments: