Monday, May 16, 2011

Promote Me!

In Starcraft 2 I am currently rank 2 of bronze league. However, from what I understand the rank within a league is not very meaningful - the important number is called MMR. MMR determines league promotions and demotions. Blizzard keeps the MMR statistic hidden from players. I actually think this is a poor design decision since the benefits of releasing MMR seem to far outweigh the benefits of hiding it.

I have been practicing and optimizing a single strategy which seems to be doing pretty well. I won 17 of my last 18 matches - against bronze, silver, and gold players. The fact that I am winning against gold players should indicate that I need to be promoted from the bronze league. However, Blizzard's algorithm seems to think otherwise and wants me to stay in bronze :(

No comments: