Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GTA

After I got back from an exam this morning I got a call from the residence front desk informing me that somebody broke into my jeep. Luckily there wasn't anything valuable inside. On the driver side door there are large dents near the locking mechanism. Apparently the thief couldn't get in through this door, so went to the passenger side door and completely removed the locking mechanism. I'm glad that the entire jeep wasn't stolen. The battery is dead, so any attempt at hotwiring would have failed. The damage should be completely covered by insurance. The theft attempt might have been due to the boxes I keep in the back of my jeep. Although they are empty, I'm sure the thief was motivated by the hope of getting computer+monitor+PS3+printer. In the future I will be more cautious on where I put empty boxes.

No comments: